This is a photo from my latest mission. Here you can see an example of Superficial Damage. Five hits were superficial damage; 1st in the wing, 2nd in the nose, 3rd & 4th in the armorer's station, 5th in the right engine. The fifth counts as visible external damage and would make enemy fighter pilots come around for successive attacks. You can see here that I have many hits which are visible to the bandits, nfact all of these are visible.
Why the top turret? Well, because I had to jettison all equipment, guns and ammo, because of the dead engine, so a pilot can see that there are no guns in the turret. (There is no rule for this, I improvised.)
The aileron does not move and is shredded, the flap too, but I might change that so only a flap down is visible external damage.
The bandit can see serious damage to the right wing root. On the left wing root is an example of a larger counter with color coding.
My Armorer (tail) and Engineer (Top) are aces so I have put a counter to mark their skill.
OK, so of course I noticed a couple of things when I printed it all and cut them out. The moral of the story is "rest when exhausted - don't work!" so I'm sure I'll find more that needs to changed.
* There are three Me 410A-1 too many.
* There is one "ACE" too many.
* I think it will be enough with only one "Package Guns" counter.
* One more "Alter Hase" should be added (for a total of three).
* I have five counters which I have used written on with pencil that I will add.
* There should be three fighter counters of each fighter (except the escort).
* There should be five "Ammo Box Damaged 3 Bursts."
* On Good & Bad Formation Flying "MT-2" must be changed to "MT-1d."
* On "Tail Ammo Track - Inop" Twin should be deleted.
A suggestion that I will try:
Five Superficial Damage results from CT-5 and on different areas on DT-1 to 9 will equal External Damage.
Here's a suggestion:
I am working on the Fighter Counters now. I only have a Play-Test version of them because the images are not mine. They will change and most likely look a lot different and a lot better in the finished game.
I don't have the skills or program needed to create my own images so I will need help with that.
Examples of finished fighters: