The B-26 formations usually flew evasive action on the bomb run to avoid flak. This is not obvious in B-26. I did not include this maneuver in B-26 as I thought it would be another step to complicate the game flow. (Well, it is included, but it is used before the IP.) However, I think that I will make this an optional rule, and also another decision you can make in B-26, there are already some and I'd like to see even more. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
Flak Evasive Action Suggestions:
1) You can fly Evasive Action in the Target Zone to avoid flak. If your IP is longer than IP1, you can shorten it by setting a new IP, eg., from IP6 to IP2.
2) No change in AP, but Flak Intensity/Accuracy is -2/-1 and the bomb run on TZ-4a & b is -2.
3) Change IP (see suggestion #1). Before TZ-2, Flak Intensity/Accuracy, your bombardier must roll on MT-1d, Navigation, Flak Zone. If Flak Zone! Roll on TZ-2. If No Event, TZ-2 is (well, I was thinking "No Flak," but...) Intensity/Accuracy -3/-2. If there's no flak radar MT-1d is +1. Bombardier skill 16+ missions is +1 on MT-1d.
4) No, evasive action vs flak is not based on the IP, it will be based on the intensity. MT-1d then if no event flak intensity will decrease by 2 levels and/or accuracy will be inaccuarate.
5) ...and another no, evasive action must be decided before TZ-2, Intensity/Accuracy.
6) ...there's no room for another table or rule expansion...
7) Evasive Action on the Bomb Run to Avoid Flak
a) You must decide to use Evasive Action or not before rolling on TZ-2, Flak Intensity & Accuracy.
b) If you use Evasive Action your Bombardier must roll on MT-1d, Flak Zone, add his (and the Pilot's?) skill.
b1: If No Event roll for Flak normally.
b2: If Flak Zone, Flak is evaded. TZ-2, Intensity/Accuracy is -4/Inaccuarte (or-2?)
c) If you use Evasive Action on the Bomb Run to Avoid Flak the modifications for the Aim Point and Bomb Run is always IP1 (-1/-2).
...this could work... (see also #6.)
This maneuver will be used by the Window Ships flying infront of the Pathfinder. The Pathfinder will always use IP6. The formation may stay behind the Pathfinder or fly Evasive Action and form up behind the Pathfinder when it is time to drop the bombs. Both tactics were used on PFF missions. Not sure yet how Window will affect the Flak Radar yet...